In solidarity to all Ukrainian people.
We would love to see club members and not members at this charity event. It will include tennis and supper. Format will be doubles and will depend on numbers of women and men entered.
It will also be our first day event at Athy Tennis Club in over two years!!!
For further information please click on the poster below.
ATTENTION LADIES, COME ALONG AND TRY TENNIS!
This is an excellent initiative granted by Kildare Sports Partnership. A great opportunity for beginners and those returning to tennis. There is no charge and tennis rackets are provided.
To book your place please contact Coach Gary at 087-7679328.
Please click on the poster below for further information.
Please click on the poster below for further information.
TO BOOK YOUR PLACE contact Club Coach Gary @ 087-7679328
We are delighted to announce the return of tennis doubles from the 10th May 2021.
Please follow the Tennis Ireland Covid-19 Return to play protocols.
8 Weeks Term of 1hr Lessons starting on Monday 26th April 2021
Days available: Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
For more information please click on the poster below and contact Club Coach Gary @ 087-7679328 to book your place.
We hope that all members have been keeping well and safe over the past weeks.
It is planned to open Athy Tennis Club on a restricted basis on next Monday, 26th April, 2021.
The Committee is working to ensure that the opening of the club is in line with guidelines which have been issued by Tennis Ireland. These guidelines have been drawn up with Covid-19 Public Health Advice and Irish Government guidelines. A full version of the guidelines is available on:
This link to the guidelines has also been texted to all members. The key guidelines are as follows
- From 26th April outdoor tennis facilities can reopen.
- To access club courts, players must be a current fully paid-up member.
- Double’s play is allowed, if playing partners are from the same household.
- Clubhouses and other indoor facilities (changing rooms, showers, meeting rooms), must remain closed.
- Essential toilet facilities may open.
- From 12 April, travel is permitted within your own county or within 20km of your home if crossing county boundaries.
- A pod, up to a maximum of 6 Junior players (u18 years), can be coached per court.
- A maximum of 4 junior players (u18 years), can operate on the court at any one time while remaining in their own sections of the court with up to 2 other players rotating in and out as required.
- Adult (over 18 years) coaching activities must be limited to a maximum of two households per court. Players must remain in their own sections of the court.
- Tennis Ireland measures and procedures are under constant review and will be updated as advice from Government and health authorities evolves.
Please note that to visit and play tennis at Athy Tennis Club the attached set of clear procedures must also be adhered to.
We very much look forward to seeing you again soon at Athy Tennis Club.
Yours sincerely: Sec. Brian Kelly
On behalf of the Committee
To visit and play tennis at Athy Tennis Club the following procedures must be adhered to:
- Courts must be booked in advance using the online booking system.
- The names of all players must be provided, not just the player making the booking.
- Play will be limited to singles only during this phase of the reopening (the exception for doubles is if playing partners are from the same household).
- You should arrive at the court entrance no more than 5 minutes prior to your reserved playing time. It is important that you maintain social distancing at all times.
- The clubhouse will remain closed to members during this phase – except for toilet facilities.
- You should sanitise your hands using dispensers provided at the entrance to the club and courts.
- Players should enter the court one at a time.
- Entrance gates to courts must remain open.
- Nobody but the players are allowed on the court and there are no spectators allowed during this phase of reopening.
- Physical distancing should be observed throughout the period of play, particularly on change of ends and entering and exiting the court. Players should change ends at opposite sides of the net.
- You must refrain from handshakes and high fives.
- You should bring your own tennis balls, a small bottle of hand sanitizer with you and keep it in your pocket or bag for use.
- Once play has finished players must leave the premises promptly, sanitising their hands on the way out.
NEW COURT BOOKING SYSTEM – SKEDDA
From September 2020 we introduced new court booking system accessible on the following website: https://athytennisclub.skedda.com
for club members only.
1- Register with your email address
2- Go to the booking section and click +
3- Select the date you wish to play
4- Select the slot – Time you wish to play
4- Select the Court No
5- Add all the players names – Full names are required
6- Enter your phone number if this was not registered previously
7- Confirm the booking
You can download the App on your mobile phone (Save to home screen)
If you have any trouble making your booking please contact us by Facebook Private Message or contact Tanya directly.
We also would like to thank Gary for all his work and time dealing with all the bookings made by text message.
Good luck all and enjoy tennis!
Athy Tennis Club would like to invite Members and Non Members to the Summer Circle Round Robin Tournament running from the 17th August to the 4th of September 2020.
Tennis has been recognised as one of the safest sports as it is non contact and in the open air.
We in Athy Tennis Club have decided to organise a tournament that does not involve groups of people gathering together at the same time and offers competitive tennis at a time and day that suits you.
Please click on Poster attached for further information.